- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Decision analytical modelling for health technologies
- Bayesian methods for evidence synthesis
I hold a degree in Economics from the University of Genoa, Italy and an MSc in health economics at the University Of York (York, United Kingdom). I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Engineering at the University of Warwick (Coventry, United Kingdom). My research project seeks to further current knowledge, methods and tools on the early economic evaluation of Medical Devices with the aim to improve decision making and provide better and faster access to valuable healthcare technologies. Since 2015 I am a research fellow in the Health Technology Assessment area at CERGAS (Centre for Research on Healthcare Management, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy), mainly doing research in economic evaluations of health care technologies and health policy impacts.
My main research interests include Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and decision analytical modelling in economic evaluations, with a particular focus on medical devices and Bayesian methods for evidence synthesis. In a fast-paced world characterized by scarce resources, unresolved health challenges and outstanding advances in health care technologies, the development and application of cutting-edge research methods as an effective means to inform social choice is what fascinates and inspires me the most.
- Federici, C., G. Fattore, and G. Rudolfsson. "The Effects Of Food Prices On Weight Outcomes. A Systematic Review Of The Moderating Effects Of Income And Initial BMI." Value in Health 19.7 (2016): A454-A455.
- Ciani, Oriana, Carlo Federici, and Rosanna Tarricone. "Current and Future Trends in the HTA of Medical Devices." XIV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 2016. Springer, Cham, 2016.
- Perego, Francesca, et al. "Acute attacks in patients with Hereditary Angioedema (HAE): analysis of frequency, characteristics, treatment and direct costs in 133 patients observed prospectively for one year." Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 139.2 (2017): AB234.
- Ciani, Oriana, Carlo Federici, and Leandro Pecchia. "The evaluation of medical devices: are we getting closer to solve the puzzle? A review of recent trends." EMBEC & NBC 2017. Springer, Singapore, 2017. 916-919.