- Biomedical signal processing and analysis
- Health data science
- Digital healthcare
- Design and development of medical devices
I was born in Mexico City, Mexico. I received the B.Sc. in electronics and telecommunications engineering from Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico) and the M.Sc. degree in image and artificial intelligence from Telecom Bretagne (France). From 2002 to 2015, I was with Tecnologico de Monterrey as Lecturer of Biomedical Engineering. I am currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree in Engineering at the University of Warwick (United Kingdom). In my research I use actigraphy, heart rate variability, posturography, gait analysis, signal processing and machine learning to investigate the interplay between sleep and balance.
From a broader perspective, I am interested on the application of biomedical signal processing, data analysis and machine learning techniques to the detection/prediction of health and wellbeing states with a focus on eHealth applications. Additionally, I am also interested on and have different levels of experience in systematic reviews and meta-analysis; information and communications technologies in healthcare; design and development of medical devices, systems and processes; lean healthcare; and biomedical engineering education.
(the updated list of publications can be seen on Google Scholar)
- L. Montesinos, R. Castaldo, D. Piaggio, and L. Pecchia, “Day-to-day variation in sleep quality and static balance: results from an exploratory study,” in EMBEC & NBC 2017, Singapore, 2018, vol. 65, pp. 611–614. Link
- R. Castaldo, L. Montesinos, P. Melillo, S. Massaro, and L. Pecchia, “To What Extent Can We Shorten HRV Analysis in Wearable Sensing? A Case Study on Mental Stress Detection,” in EMBEC & NBC 2017, Singapore, 2018, vol. 65, pp. 643–646. Link
- R. Castaldo, L. Montesinos, T. S. Wan, A. Serban, S. Massaro, and L. Pecchia, “Heart Rate Variability Analysis and Performance during a Repeated Mental Workload Task,” in EMBEC & NBC 2017, Singapore, 2018, vol. 65, pp. 69–72. Link
- Rogelio Bustamante-Bello, Gabriela Ruiz-Soto, Ricardo Ramírez-Mendoza, Roberto Avila–Vázquez, Luis Montesinos, Julieta Noguez-Monroy, S. Navarro-Tuch. "Health Wearables for Early Detection of Frailty Syndrome in Older Adults in Mexico: An Informed, Structured Process for the Selection of a Suitable Device." 6th International Conference on Current and Future Trends of Information and Communication Technologies in Healthcare (2016): 374-381. Link
- Pasqua Meccariello, Rosanna Castaldo, Luis Montesinos, Eugenio Guglielmelli, and Leandro Pecchia. "A Matlab Tool to Support Systematic Literature Review with Meta-Analysis." XIV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 2016 IFMBE Proceedings (2016): 994-96. Link
- Ruiz-Soto, G., L. Montesinos, A. Santos-Díaz, and S. De Paz-Arroyo. "Ethics and Citizenship Education across the Biomedical Engineering Curriculum." VI Latin American Congress on Biomedical Engineering CLAIB 2014, Paraná, Argentina 29, 30 & 31 October 2014 IFMBE Proceedings: 968-71. Link