- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Medical Devices
- Real-world data
- Real-world evidence
- Analytical modelling for health technologies
Born in Rome, Italy, Martina received her MSc degree in biomedical engineering at the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 2014. From May 2014 to September 2015, she worked as a researcher in neuroimaging focusing on the application of functional MRI for the study of various human brain disorders within Bambino Gesù Children’s Hospital in Rome. in September 2015, she joined the Health Technology Assessment Unit at Bambino Gesù Children’s Hospital where she worked on hospital-based health technology assessment (HTA) of medical devices. The main objective of her work was to investigate the safety, clinical effectiveness and costs of medical devices to support the healthcare decision-making process about the choice to adopt the new technologies in the hospital. Martina also supported her team within mathematical processes and data modelling of multi-criteria decision Analysis applied to HTA projects. During the last 3 years, she has been involved in one National (Colibri - COLlection of pedIatric BRain Images) and one European (Vision Privacy Platform European project) projects and she published in international journals and conference proceedings.
Martina is member of the Italian society of Clinical Engineers (AIIC), Italian society of Health Technology Assessment (SIHTA), Health Technology Assessment International society (HTAi) and a collaborator of Health Technology Assessment Division of the International Federation of Medical and Biomedical Engineering (IFMBE HTAD).
Her main research interests are health technology assessment of medical devices, the use of real-world data and machine learning to define analytical models for health technology decision-making processes.
Also see Google scholar
- Andellini M, Faggiano F, Picardo SG, Testa G, Perrotta D, Bianchi R, Nocchi F, Capussotto C, Bassanelli E, Derrico P, Pirozzi N, Pecchia L, Ritrovato M. Health Technology Assessment of Intensive Care Ventilators for Pediatric Patients. Children (Basel). 2021 Nov 1;8(11):986.
- D. Piaggio, M. Andellini, M. Taher and L. Pecchia, "A vest for treating jaundice in low-resource settings," 2021 IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Industry 4.0 & IoT (MetroInd4.0&IoT), 2021, pp. 122-127.
- M. Andellini, E. Bassanelli, F. Faggiano, M. T. Esposito, S. Marino and M. Ritrovato, "Forecasting hospital performances using a hybrid ETS-ARIMA algorithm," 2021 IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Industry 4.0 & IoT (MetroInd4.0&IoT), 2021, pp. 42-47.
- Polisena, J., Andellini, M., Salerno, P., Borsci, S., Pecchia, L., & Iadanza, E. (2021). Case Studies on the Use of Sentiment Analysis to Assess the Effectiveness and Safety of Health Technologies: A Scoping Review. IEEE Access.
- Andellini, M., De Santis, S., Nocchi, F. et al. Clinical needs and technical requirements for ventilators for COVID-19 treatment critical patients: an evidence-based comparison for adult and pediatric age. Health Technol. 10, 1403–1411 (2020).
- Gilardi, F., De Falco, F., Casasanta, D., Andellini, M., Gazzellini, S., Petrarca, M., ... & Zaffina, S. (2020). Robotic technology in pediatric neurorehabilitation. A pilot study of human factors in an italian pediatric hospital. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(10), 3503.
- Andellini, Martina, et al. "Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis for Health Technology Assessment of Medical Devices: A Winning Hospital-Based Experience." Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing. Springer, Cham, 2019.
- Ritrovato M., Andellini M., di Mauro R. Hospital based health technology assessment Clinical Engineering Handbook, Second Edition Pages 812 - 8171 January 2019
- Andellini, M., Riesgo, S. F., Morolli, F., Ritrovato, M., Cosoli, P., Petruzzellis, S., & Rosso, N. (2017). Experimental application of Business Process Management technology to manage clinical pathways: a pediatric kidney transplantation follow up case. BMC medical informatics and decision making, 17(1), 1-9.
- Lembo, M., Santoro, A., Andellini, M., Losito, G., Olivini, N., Tucci, M. G., & Del Gaudio, M. (2017). Evaluation of thermal comfort and carbon dioxide levels during ventricular-assist-device implant. La Medicina del lavoro, 108(5), 6324.
- Andellini, M., Cannatà, V., Gazzellini, S., Bernardi, B., & Napolitano, A. (2015). Test-retest reliability of graph metrics of resting state MRI functional brain networks: A review. Journal of neuroscience methods, 253, 183-192.
- Antonio Napolitano, Martina Andellini. Neurometabolic profiling of ketamine; The Neuropathology Of Drug Addictions And Substance Misuse Volume 1, Neuropathology of Drug Addictions and Substance Misuse Volume 2, Pages 573 - 58015 April 2016