Senior Teaching Fellow
*** Support and Feedback Hours Term 1: Monday 1pm - 2pm, Wednesday 9am - 10am ***
- BSc in Construction Engineering and Buildings Recovery (2010) from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Marche (Ancona, Italy)
- MSc in Construction Engineering (2013, Hons) from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Marche (Ancona, Italy)
- PhD in Computational Mechanics (2018) from the School of Engineering, University of Warwick (Coventry, UK) supervised by Dr Mohaddeseh Mousavi Nezhad and Prof Toby Mottram
Teaching Academic Year 2018 - 2019
ES196 Statics and Structures (Module Leader)
ES1A4 Statics and Structures Degree Apprenticeship in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (Module Leader)
ES192 Engineering Design
ES197 Systems Modelling, Simulation and Computation
ES2C2 Civil Engineering Design
ES2C6 Electromechanical System Design
ES4D5 Construction Management and Temporary Works
- Computational modelling of crack propagation of quasi-brittle materials with heterogeneous structure
- Thermal fracture mechanics
- Engineering Education
List of Publications
- Gironacci E, Mousavi Nezhad M, Rezania M, Lancioni G. A nonlocal probabilistic method for modelling of crack propagation. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Accepted (In press), 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2017.11.015
- Mousavi Nezhad M, Gironacci E, Rezania M, Khalili N. Stochastic modelling of crack propagation in materials with random properties using isometric mapping for dimensionality reduction of nonlinear data sets. International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. 2018;113:656–680. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.5630
- Mousavi Nezhad M, Fisher Q, Gironacci E, Rezania M. Experimental Study and Numerical Modeling of
Fracture Propagation in Shale Rocks During Brazilian Disc Test. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Accepted (In press), 2018.
- Gironacci E, Mousavi Nezhad M. Non-linear dimensionality reduction technique of random fields applied on fracture mechanics problems. 2nd ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on International Conference on Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Sciences and Engineering UNCECOMP, Rhodes Island, Greece, 2017.
- Gironacci E, Mousavi Nezhad M, Rezania M. Modelling of crack propagation in brittle heterogeneous materials. The 23rd Annual Conference on Computational Mechanics, Swansea, UK, 2015.
- Mousavi Nezhad M, Gironacci E, Rezania M, Fisher Q. Computational modelling of crack propagation in shale-gas reservoir rocks. The 23rd Annual Conference on Computational Mechanics, Swansea, UK, 2015.
School of Engineering
University of Warwick
E dot Gironacci dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 (0) 24 7652 8699