RUNNING A SIMULATION FROM SCRATCH
FIRST CHECK THE UMEAN PROFIEL FOR LAMINA FLOW. TO DO THIS
- PUT restrt = 0 in input.par file.
- SET the correct formula for dpmean (Mean pressure gradient) for laminar flow in FLOW_FIELD.f90 module
- Check Reynold Number and retau value.
- Check Computational Domain and GRIID POINTS and con1 (Non-uniformity parameter in y-direction) value
LAMINAR TO TURBULENCE TRANSITION SIMULATIONS
- Adjust the value of re and retau for turbulence.
- SET the correct formula for dpemean for Turbulence
- Put irandm =1 in input.par
- Check Number of Time steps(nsteps)
- Put isavvf=1 in input.par file and repeat the simulations from the restart file until fully developed turbulent flow is achieved.
RUNNING SIMULATION FROM RESTART FILE
- Adjust RESTRT=1
- Make sure that name of restart file is the same in input.par as your restat file.
- Check your Computational Domain, GRID and con1 value is the same as for the restart file.
- If you are using any interpolated restart file then make sure that CMPNON subroutine is called for the first time to make UMEAN=1.
Before running any simluation, make sure that you have read input.par file completely