I am a second year PhD student on the MASDOC programme at the University of Warwick. I am currently researching the virtual element method supervised by Andreas Dedner. I completed an MMath in Mathematics at the University of Bath in 2018.
My research interests are in applied functional analysis. In particular, I am interested in the discretisation of higher order partial differential equations. I am currently studying the numerical analysis of fourth order problems via the virtual element method.
Previous projects include:
- Construction of projectors for the conforming and non-conforming virtual element method for polyharmonic problems (MSc dissertation).
- Summation by parts (joint work for MASDOC research study groups).
- Evolution semigroups and the conjugation problem (MMath dissertation).
- Dedner, A. and Hodson, A. A general approach for constructing robust virtual element methods for fourth order problems. arXiv preprint arXiv:2008.01617 (2020)
- November 2020: The fully nonconforming virtual element method for fourth order perturbation problems, SPAAM seminar series, University of Warwick
- May 2019: The theory of summation by parts, MASDOC annual retreat, Borth, Wales
- 2019 onwards: PhD, Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Warwick.
- 2018 - 2019: MSc, Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Warwick.
- 2013 - 2018: MMath, Mathematics at the University of Bath.
- Term 1 2019/20:
- Teaching assistant for MA131 Analysis 1
- Term 2 2019/20:
- Teaching assistant for MA261 Differential Equations: Modelling and Numerics
- Secretary of the SGSLC (Staff-Graduate Student Liaison Committee)
- Chair of the MASDOC SSLC
- PG student rep. for the Mathematics department's Athena Swan Committee