Seminars are held on Thursdays at 14:00 in Room B3.02 - Mathematics Institute
Organisers: Inna Capdeboscq and Dmitriy Rumynin
Term 1 - 2013/14
- Thursday 10 October 2013, Daan Krammer, An asymmetric generalisation of Artin monoids.
- Thursday 17 October 2012, Bruce Westbury, On enumeration in classical invariant theory.
- Thursday 31 October 2012, Kac-Moody Reading Group-1: Basic Definitions.
- Thursday 7 November 2012, Kac-Moody Reading Group-2: The Invariant Bilinear Form and the Generalised Casimir Operator.
- Thursday 14 November 2012, Kac-Moody Reading Group-3: Integrable Representations and the Weyl Group
- Thursday 21 November 2012, Kac-Moody Reading Group-4: Classification of Generalised Cartan Matrices
- Thursday 28 November 2012, Kac-Moody Reading Group-5: Real and Imaginary Roots
- Thursday 5 December 2012,
Kac-Moody Reading Group-6: Affine Lie Algebras: the Root System and the Weyl GroupCANCELLED
Term 3 - 2013/14
- Thursday 1 May 2014, Bruce Westbury, Classification of Simple Lie Algebras
- Thursday 8 May 2014, Bruce Westbury, Classification of Simple Lie Algebras, part 2
- Thursday 15 May 2014, George Willis, A Canonical Form for Almost Automorphisms of Trees
- Thursday 22 May 2014, Dmitriy Rumynin, D-Modules and Projective Stacks
- Thursday 29 May 2014, Bob Gilman, Progress on the Andrews Curtis Conjecture
- Thursday 12 June 2014, Alina Vdovina, Combinatorial structure of fake algebraic surfaces
- Thursday 19 June 2014, Dmitriy Rumynin, D-Modules and Projective Stacks, part 2