Monday 1 February 2010
Mathematics of Evolutionary Dynamics
Organisers: M.Mobilia (Leeds), R.S.MacKay
This is the launch meeting of the London Mathematical Society supported network CoSyDy.
All talks will be in Room B3.02 Mathematics Institute, Zeeman Building
- 12:15 Buffet Lunch
- 13:05 Welcome
- 13:10-13:55 R.Blythe (Edinburgh) Simple stochastic models of evolutionary dynamics with applications in ecology and linguistics
- 14:00-14:25 T.Alarcon (Bilbao) Robustness, phenotypical variability and their role in progression to cancer
- 14:30-14:55 A.Black (Manchester) Stochastic amplification in epidemic models with seasonal forcing
- 15:00 Tea in the Mathematics Institute Common Room
- 15:30-16:15 N.Britton (Bath) Theories of Bio-diversity
- 16:20-16:45 J.Tailleur (Edinburgh) Arrested phase separation in reproducing bacteria: a generic route to pattern formation?
- 16:50-17:15 M.Keeling (Warwick) The role of stochasticity in disease evolution
- 17:20 Wine and snacks in the Mathematics Institute Common Room