Examples of the projects that the successful candidates could work on are described below. However, if you're successful, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to develop your own ideas.
1. Maternal and child health: Screening, prediction and prevention of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM; Diabetes in Pregnancy)
2. Prediction and prevention of type 2 diabetes post-Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, clinical trials, public health, pharmacogenomics, nutritional and lifestyle aspects
3. Holistic approach in reducing the metabolic burden of mothers and children: Statistics, health economics, developing cultural-specific sustainable interventions, big-data approach to enable individualised as well as population level interventions.
1. Prevention of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in women following Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
2. Inter-pregnancy diet and lifestyle intervention to reduce the risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus / type 2 diabetes in women with previous Gestational Diabetes Mellitus.
3. Role of gut microbiota on the risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, childhood obesity and future type 2 diabetes
4. Role of novel biomarkers on the risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus and adverse pregnancy outcomes