Warwick Medical School endeavours to deliver high quality, world class research and excellent teaching. Alongside, we actively engage with the public, sharing our knowledge with them to enhance their quality of life. We are committed to building strong ties with the local community by keeping them informed of exciting research developments and seeking their valuable input in shaping our research.
Engaging with local schools
Our staff actively engage with local primary and secondary schools. Activities we support include:
- Work experiences at WMS for secondary school students
- Workshops and visits by scientists to local schools
- Warwick events and fairs like the annual Science Gala
- Warwick Christmas lectures
Here you will find details about our upcoming events and can access information about previous activity.
Science on the Hill - Tuesday 9 May: Register here
International Women's Day Seminar: Access the recording here
Engagement with the Community
We welcome engagement with the community at all levels and are involved in a range of activities including:
- Science on the Hill public evenings at Gibbet Hill
- Interactive community events, including talks at local pubs and cafes by our scientists
- Medical student led activities like CPR training
- Local and national science events such as New Scientist Live and the upcoming Coventry City of Culture activities
Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement
Warwick Medical School is committed to working in partnership with patients, public contributors and communities. Our communities can be local, national and international. The patient or public contribution to our work helps us ensure our research is relevant, acceptable and appropriate from the patient view.
Find our more about our Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement work here.
Please see a selection of useful links detailed below: