Before applying, please look carefully at our website, particularly the following sections:
- The research themes, interests and expertise of our academics
- MSc modules offered in the compulsory first year of the DTP programme
- Information on how to apply, funding details, ring-fenced studentships and FAQs.
- Our Community pages to find out what it is like to be a student on this programme
- For professional development, skills training and careers support that is offered
This will tell you about some of key features of the DTP to help you decide if this is the right programme for you. We also strongly encourage you to come along to one of our applicant webinars if you are able. This will give you additional insight into the DTP.
Please carefully complete all sections of the online application form. We are keen to hear why you're interested in applying for the DTP, what excites you about science and undertaking a PhD, and the skills and experience you would bring to the programme. We welcome and encourage applications from all students, especially those from groups under-represented in academia.
You will find a link on the How to Apply page at times when we are accepting applications. Please indicate if you wish to be considered for one of the two ring-fenced studentships for 2022 entry. You can find more information here.
Please note that unfortunately it's not possible to save a partially completed online application form and continue working on it at a later date. We therefore encourage you to save your answers to the more substantive questions in a Word document, and only copy them into the online form once you are happy with them.
Please complete all sections of the form. You can also submit a CV if you wish but this is not compulsory and our aim is for all required information to be captured in the application form. Please do not simply refer to your CV in any parts of the form. Unfortunately we cannot accept partially completed application forms.
Be sure to attach all required documents:
- Degree transcript(s) – if you are currently studying on a course, and do not have a full transcript, please attach a record of all modules you have completed to date.
- Degree certificates – for any completed courses.
Please check you have completed everything correctly before submitting your application. If you are not sure about any aspect of the application process please contact us at email@example.com and we will be very happy to help.