Marks for this year contribute 60% towards the final BSc classification and 30% to the MMathPhys one.
The lecture modules PX384 Electrodynamics and PX392 Quantum Physics of Atoms have a 15% coursework element. Some Mathematics lecture modules have assessed components. Most of the modules given by outside departments are assessed by a combination of assessed components, e.g. essays, and examination, as indicated in their syllabuses.
The configuration of the Physics examinations that would be used in a normal year are as below. The format of the examinations may differ from this and will be decided by the University later in the year.
You should note that first term Mathematics modules are normally examined in week 30.
The proposal is that the physics papers be scheduled as follows:
- PX382 Quantum Physics of Atoms
- PX385 Condensed Matter Physics
- PX440 Mathematical Methods for Physicists III
Weeks 33 to 36
- PX308 Physics in Medicine
- PX350 The Weather and the Environment
- PX366 Statistical Physics
- PX370 Optoelectronics and Laser Physics
- PX384 Electrodynamics
- PX392 Plasma Electrodynamics
- PX387 Astrophysics
- PX388 Magnetic Resonance
- PX395 The Standard Model
- PX396 Nuclear Physics
- PX397 Galaxies
- PX389 Cosmology
- PX4230 Kinetic Theory
The examination results will be available sometime on Wednesday of the last week of Term 3.