See the Calendar for upcoming events
The PLATO Mission Conference 2021: Exploring exoplanets in the habitable zone of solar-like stars will be held from 11 to 15 October 2021 as an online event. This conference aims to present the status of the PLATO mission to the community, both in terms of satellite development and scientific preparation, and to bring together experts working on observations and theory associated with any of the PLATO science objectives.
The major themes of the Conference are:
- PLATO development status
- Selection of the PLATO sky fields and the PLATO Input Catalogue
- Light-curve analysis for detection and characterisation of long-period small planets
- Asteroseismology and stellar characterisation
- Advances in modelling stellar internal structure and evolution
- Stellar activity
- Ground-based observations for the confirmation and mass determination of planets
- Long-period small planets and habitability
- Planetary structure, composition, evolution, and architecture of planetary systems
- PLATO in the context of Kepler/K2, TESS, CHEOPS, JWST, Roman Space Telescope, Ariel, and large ground-based observatories
- Complementary science topics benefitting from PLATO high-precision photometry
For further information please visit the Conference Website.