The Facility Executive has agreed that up to 5 % of total time (i.e., 9 days per 6 month allocation) is keep back for fast-track applications.
Fast-track time is to be allocated where there is a compelling case that the allocated time is essential to:
(i) enable a publication in a high-impact journal
(ii) or enable a full proposal to be made for 850 time to the next time allocation panel (TAP)
Applications are to be in the form of a 2-page pdf proposal that addresses the same issues as per a normal TAP application and additionally states any similarities to previous TAP or fast-track applications and why there is a compelling case for fast-track time. Specifically, it is to be organised into the following sections:
(1) Introduction and scientific background.
(2) State any similarities to previous fast-track proposals or proposals to a time-allocation panel, giving the proposal code(s) and the number of days requested and allocated.
(3) Preliminary data obtained at lower field and/ or previous results obtained at the 850 MHz facility.
(4) Justification for the need for high-field (or other specialised facility probe capabilities), and why there is a compelling case for fast-track time.
(5)Experiments to be performed: to include a list of all samples, which probe(s) and which configuration (i.e., nuclei, required MAS frequency and nutation frequency) is/ are required, and any special experimental conditions (e.g., high or low temperature). Clearly indicate the number of days requested.
(6) Additional optional information: If the PI wishes (note it is not a requirement), he/she may indicate (within the 2 page limit) the names and experience of those who would be carrying out the experiments at the facility.
A fast-track application is for maximum of 3 days spectrometer time.
A single PI can only make one fast-track application per 6-month time-allocation period.
Applications are to be made directly by email to the facility manager (D.Iuga@warwick.ac.uk).
A fast-track application will be reviewed by two members of the Facility Executive. Time will be allocated only if both reviews are in agreement to allocate time.