I am postgraduate research student with the Superconductivity and Magnetism group at the University of Warwick. I am currently researching the experimental properties of noncentrosymmetric superconductors under the supervision of Martin Lees. I completed my MPhys Physics degree at the University of St Andrews in 2015.
My research focuses on noncentrosymmetric superconducting systems. In particularly I am interested in superconductors where time-reversal symmetry breaking is also observed. My work involves the synthesis of high-quality polycrystalline and single crystal samples that can then be characterised using a variety of low-temperature thermodynamic, transport and magnetisation measurements. I also use international central facilities to carry neutron scattering, muon spectroscopy and high magnetic field experiments.
D. A. Mayoh, A. D. Hillier, K. Götze, D. McK. Paul, G. Balakrishnan, and M. R. Lees, Multigap superconductivity in chiral noncentrosymmetric TaRh2B2, Phys. Rev. B 98, 014502 (2018)
D. Brunt, G. Balakrishnan, D. A. Mayoh, M. R. Lees, D. Gorbunov, N. Qureshi, O. A. Petrenko, Magnetisation process in the rare earth tetraborides, NdB4 and HoB4, Scientific reports 8, 232 (2018)
D. A. Mayoh, J. A. T. Barker, R. P. Singh, G. Balakrishnan, D. McK. Paul, and M. R. Lees, Superconducting and normal-state properties of the noncentrosymmetric superconductor Re6Zr, Phys. Rev. B 96, 064521 (2017)
L. Ternent, D. A. Mayoh, M. R. Lees, G. L. Davies, Heparin-stabilised iron oxide for MR applications: a relaxometric study, Journal of Materials Chemistry B 4, 3065 (2016)
- "Investigating the unconventional superconductivity in single crystals of the noncentrosymmetric superconductor La7Ir3", American Physical Society March Meeting, Los Angeles, USA. (2018)
- "Unconventional superconductivity in the noncentrosymmetric superconductors Re6Zr and La7Ir3", First USC Theory-Experiment Collaborative Meeting, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Oxford, UK. (2017)
- UK Neutron and Muon Science and User Meeting, Warwick, UK (2018)
- Superconductivity Day, Liverpool, UK (2017)
- Frontier of Condensed Matter Physics, Bristol, UK (2017 & 2018)
- International Conference on Strongly Correlated Electron Systems, Prague, Czech Republic (2017)
ISIS Neutron Training School 2016
ISIS Muon Training School 2016
Diamond DTC Module: Properties & Characterisation Materials
Teaching Duties & Outreach
I am a demonstrator and marker for the 1st Year Physics Teaching Laboratory and 1st Year Electronics Laboratory.
As a trained cryogenics user I play an active role in the Physics departments outreach team demonstrating the wonders of iquid nitrogen as well as the superconducting levitating train.
I was recently honoured to be selected as a commendee for the Warwick Awards for Teaching Excellence for Postgraduates who Teach 2018.
Superconductivity and Magnetism Group (Room 220)
Department of Physics
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
D dot Mayoh at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 (0)2476 574207