- Ph.D., Physics, University of Warwick 2014.
- M.Phil., Metallurgy & Materials Eng., 2010, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- B.Sc., Metallurgy & Materials Eng., 2005, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Nessa Fereshteh Saniee's areas of interest include: Pulsed laser deposition (PLD), transparent conducting oxides (TCO) thin films, group II-VI semiconductors, optical and electrical characterisation of thin films (using UV-visible spectroscopy, Hall effect measurements, and X-ray photoemission spectroscopy), ferroelectric materials, structural and morphological characterisation of thin films (using X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, and scanning electron microscopy)
Teaching and outreach at University of Warwick:
- Undergraduate teaching demonstrator Hall effect measurements
- Undergraduate teaching demonstrator electronic laboratories
- Phyics Open days Surface science and X-ray Photoelectron Laboratories demonstrator
- Helped with The Physicist Cyclist project funded by the Lord Rootes Memorial Fund to show physics experiments to a few schools in Coventry.
- University of Warwick undergraduate teaching demonstrator (2009 - present)
- Materials and corrosion engineer, Namvaran Petrochemical Consulting Engineering Co. Tehran, Iran (2006-2008)
- Final year project and research assistant in inorganic composite materials, Vanak Semirom Gypsum company, Semirom, (Iran 2005)
- Placement, Metallurgy and Materials R&D Islamic Republic of Iran Railways (2004)
Conference papers and presentations
- ' Correlation between surface and bulk octahedral distortions in short period superlattices' , N. Fereshteh Saniee, S. R. C. McMitchell, A. M. Sanchez, C. F. McConville, 5th Vacuum Symposium UK
15/16 October 2014 - Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK.
- ‘ In-situ determination of the surface octahedra distortions in perovskite heterostructures ’, N. Fereshteh Saniee, S. R. C. McMitchell, A. M. Sanchez, C. F. McConville, 11th international conference on the structure of surfaces, 2014, UK.
- ‘ Pinning effect on the band gap modulation of crystalline BexZn1-xO alloy films grown on Al2O3(0001) ’, D.S. Park, J.J. Mudd, M Walker, D Seghier, A Krupski, Nessa Fereshteh Saniee and C.F. McConville, CrystEngComm, 2014, 16, 2136-2143.
- ‘ Surface and Bulk Electronic Properties of Si-doped ZnO Thin Films Grown by Pulsed Laser Deposition ’ Poster Presentation at MRS Fall meeting, 2011, Boston, USA.
- ‘ Influence of oxygen background pressure on growth of doped ZnO thin film by PLD ’ Poster Presentation CMMP 2010, UK.
- ‘ Structural, electrical and optical properties of Si-doped ZnO thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition ’, N. Fereshteh Saniee*, J.S. Abell, J. Bowen, Hybrid Materials Conference 2009 B2.1.42 University of Birmingham, UK.
- ‘ Investigation of Technical Specification of Reinforced Gypsum Boards and Its Effects on Energy Saving ’ Oral presentation, The Alliance for Global sustainability Annual Meeting 2007 (March 2007, Barcelona, Spain).
- Winner of the Vacuum Symposium Poster Prize 2014
- Jun.12 Prize winner- Best Microscopy Image in Physics (atomic force microscopy)
- Oct.10-Apr.12 Honorary Research Associate at University of Birmingham, School of Electrical Engineering
- Oct.09 Ph.D. scholarships: MPAGS prize studentship a prestigious, fully-funded PhD prize studentships offered by Midlands Physics Alliance and Engineering and Physics Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
Workshops and Courses
- Apr.11 ‘Pulsed Laser Deposition TSST/IMS Course’, Twente Solid State Technology, Enschede, Netherlands
- Dec.09-Oct.13 MPAGs Courses: Crystallography, Semiconductors, Semiconductors II Semiconductor Epitaxy, Nano/surface physics I & III: Nano Structure, Local Probes of Surfaces and Interfaces.
- Nov.09 ' Experimental Techniques in Semiconducting Research ', Institute of Physics, East Midlands, Nottingham, UK.
Nessa Fereshteh Saniee
Thin Film, Surface & Interface Science Group
Department of Physics
University of Warwick
CV4 7AL UK.
Tel: +44 (0)2476 175 418