The Data and Statistics group is led by Prof. Chenlei Leng in the statistics department at Warwick. We employ data-driven approaches to conduct fundamental research in Big Data for discovering pattern and knowledge. In particualr, we are interested in developing innovative methodologies that are data-based, statistically justified and algorithmically guaranteed for analysing large complex data.
Our research currently focuses on statistical machine learning, high-dimensional statistics, and statistics of networks.
Current PhD Students
- Lizhu Tao
- Jeremias Knoblauch (2nd supervisor, joint with Theo Damoulas), supported by OxWaSP
- Nikolas Kuhlen (joint with Vasco M. Carvalho and Mingli Chen), supported by Turing
- Zhenzhong Huang, supported by Chancellor's international Scholarship
- Stefan Stein, supported by ICASE joint with Tata Steel
- Lei Wang, Summer 2016, University of Science and Technology of China
- Rentian Yao, Summer 2018, Fudan University