Professor Chenlei Leng (冷琛雷)
I am a statistician interested in developing new methods for analysing large complex data that are high-dimensional, correlated, and/or networked in nature.
I joined Warwick in 2013 as Professor of Statistics. Previously I held regular and visiting faculty positions at Peking University, University of Munich and National University of Singapore. I received a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
I am an Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute and a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics. My past experience includes chairing the Research Section of the Royal Statistical Society and co-directing the Oxford-Warwick Statistics CDT.
- Turing fellow, the Alan Turing Institute
- Organiser, Workshop on Statistical Analysis of Networks, 18-19 September 2023.
- Co-organiser with Degui Li, Workshop on Modelling Large-Scale Time SeriesLink opens in a new window, York, 24 Feb 2023.
- Lead organiser, Turing workshop series on "Statistics of Network Analysis", sponsored by the Alan Turing Institute, 2018, 2021.
My group at Warwick.
Future PhD Students: I am always looking for talented students to work with me. To get an idea about potential research topics, please read my recent papers. Students can also suggest your own project. Interested students please feel free to get in touch with your CV.
For overseas applicants, in addition to the usual studentships, you may want to take a look at Chancellor's International Scholarships and China Scholarship Council (CSC) / University of Warwick Scholarships, and other sources of funding on this website.
Joint PhD opportunities: Warwick-MonashLink opens in a new window, Warwick-SUSTechLink opens in a new window.
Current Students: Current Maths&Stats CDT students are welcome to contact me for projects.
Postdocs, Visitors, Collaborators:
- Enquiries about research collaboration are always welcome.
- I would be happy to host those who wish to apply for Open Research Fellowships or are externally funded.
Tutees: For term meetings in Term 2 AY 2022/2023, please sign up for a time slot following this linkLink opens in a new window.
Office Hours in Term 2 AY 2022/2023: Mondays 13:30-14:30 and Thursdays 11:30-12:30. Please email for appointments at least one day in advance!
Office: Room 2.06, Mathematical Sciences Building.
Email: C dot Leng at warwick dot ac dot uk
Phone: +44 (0)24 7615 0779
Fax: +44 (0)24 7652 4532
Address: Department of Statistics, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK.