The Data and Statistics group is led by Prof. Chenlei Leng in the statistics department at Warwick. We employ data-driven approaches to conduct fundamental research in Big Data for discovering pattern and knowledge. In particualr, we are interested in developing innovative methodologies that are data-based, statistically justified and algorithmically guaranteed for analysing large complex data.
Our research currently focuses on statistical machine learning, high-dimensional statistics, and statistics of networks.
- Sept, 2021. Stefan won an Honourable Mention in the 2021 Doctoral Researcher Awards. He also won an IMS Hannan Graduate Student Travel Award and a Honorable Mention in ASA's SLDS Student Paper Award competition earlier this year. Congratulations on your hat trick, Stefan!
Current PhD Students
- Jeremias Knoblauch (joint with Theo Damoulas), supported by OxWaSP
- Zhenzhong Huang, supported by Chancellor's international Scholarship
- Stefan Stein, supported by ICASE joint with Tata Steel
- Mengchu Li (joint with Yi Yu), supported by a CDT scholarship
- Yuanjie Yin (joint with Tom Berrett), supported by a CSC scholarship
- Nikolas Kuhlen. Currently at a startup.
- Lizhu Tao. Currently a lecturer in Sichuan University.
- Lei Wang, Summer 2016, University of Science and Technology of China, now PhD student in the University of Minnesota.
- Rentian Yao, Summer 2018, Fudan University, now PhD student in UIUC.
- Jiemiao Chen, Summer 2021, Shandong University