The Data and Statistics group is led by Prof. Chenlei Leng in the statistics department at Warwick. We employ data-driven approaches to conduct fundamental research in Big Data for discovering pattern and knowledge. In particualr, we are interested in developing innovative methodologies that are data-based, statistically justified and algorithmically guaranteed for analysing large complex data.
Our research currently focuses on statistical machine learning, high-dimensional statistics, and statistics of networks.
Current PhD Students
- Hilmi Bin Abdul Majid, supported by Turing
- Lizhu Tao
- Jeremias Knoblauch (2nd supervisor, joint with Theo Damoulas), supported by OxWaSP
- Nikolas Kuhlen (1st supervisor, joint with Mingli Chen and Stephen Hansen), supported by Turing
- Zhenzhong Huang, supported by Chancellor's international Scholarship
- Stefan Stein, supported by ICASE joint with Tata Steel
- Lei Wang, Summer 2016, University of Science and Technology of China
- Rentian Yao, Summer 2018, Fudan University
Future PhD Students: I am always looking for talented students to work with me. Some indicative projects on offer can be found here and here. Students can also suggest your own project. If you are interested, please feel free to get in touch with your CV.
Postdocs, Visitors, Collaborators:
- Enquiries about research collaboration or PhD supervision are always welcome.
- The group would be happy to host those who wish to apply for Open Research Fellowships or are externally funded.