New! APACE, Accelerated Permutation inference for the ACE model, a tool for fast heritability inference.
See also the recent SwE, the Sandwich Estimator toolbox, an SPM extension for longitudinal and repeated measures data.I am a contributing developer of two neuroimaging software analysis programs, FSL & SPM.
- FSL stands for FMRIB's Software Library, and is a product of the analysis group at Oxford University's Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain. FSL is a collection of C++ programs sewed together with bash scripts and tcl/tk GUIs.
- SPM stands for Statistical Parametric Mapping, and is the product of the methods group at University College London's Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging ("The FIL"). SPM is a collection of Matlab scripts and Matlab-linked C code.
I contribute to the core components of these packages, and also have created distinct add-on toolboxes. My contributions include...
- randomise, the component of FSL that provides nonparametric permutation-based inference.
- SnPM, a toolbox for SPM provides nonparametric permutation-based inference
- SPMd, a toolbox or SPM that provides assumption-checking and data exploration tools
- FDR, a more powerful approach to multiple testing (was an extension, now integrated into SPM).
Finally, check my blog, Neuroimaging Tips & Tricks for more software nibbles.
Deptment of Statistics
University of Warwick
Tel: +44(0)24 761 51086
Email: t.e.nichols 'at' warwick.ac.uk
Blog: NISOx blog
Handbook of fMRI Data Analysis by Russ Poldrack, Thomas Nichols and Jeanette Mumford