|Title:||Smart Cities||Location:||In school|
|Led by:||Phil Jemmett||Format:||Talk|
|Duration:||1 hour||Suitable for:||
Class size of 30
Aims and description:
This session aims to use code and programmable equipment to build a smart city. There is a challenge-based approach with students choosing which challenge they would like to tackle. Certain challenges can interact with each other, so require a group approach in the classroom. The equipment is all controlled by microbit which runs through USB - this must not be blocked on school laptops for the activity to work.
- Use code to solve challenges
- Explore the skills needed for engineers
- Use the make-evaluate-improve cycle to create the best solution
- Work in groups
- Communicate between different groups to bring a whole project together
Phil can adapt to most environments. Room to move and set up demonstrations is desirable.
- Data projector
- Tables for students to work in groups
- Computers or laptops with USB enabled
- Class teacher present throughout the day
To register your interest please fill in this form.