A doctoral research degree is the highest academic qualification awarded by universities in the UK. At WMG we combine a world leading academic and applied research experience, with real industrial relevance.
We can offer you a rich, dynamic, and supportive environment in which to carry out independent and original, multidisciplinary research. Working within our world leading teams, you’ll have access to cutting edge facilities, state of the art technology, expert supervisors, and be part of a diverse research community striving to push the boundaries of science and technology.
- An excellent grounding for a career in academia or commercial research, a PhD is concentrated on creating your contribution to knowledge in a specific subject.
- PhD projects are supported in all of our current research areas.
- More industry-oriented than the traditional PhD, you will be supported by a sponsor company, with whom you will work closely while undertaking your research. Taught business and technical modules will further develop your professional capabilities.
- EngD projects are available across the majority of our research groups, under the themes of ‘Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing’, and ‘High Value, Low Environmental Impact Manufacturing’.
- A 'Master's by Research' programme designed specifically for those wanting to transform their family business.
Take a look at what’s currently on offer on our vacancies page. Search by subject area or qualification to find the right project for you.