Cyber security is not merely about the Internet. Our dependence on multiple, complex, interacting digital systems grows day by day. Vehicles, architectural infrastructure, industrial controls, finance flows and medical devices all operate across the cyber domain.
The WMG Cyber Security Centre team at the University of Warwick are working to further understand the nature of this evolving cyber environment, and to protect and enhance the human experience within it.
Alongside our applied collaborative research, we provide world class postgraduate education.
Our expert tutors bring their subjects to life, blending academic knowledge with experience across a wide range of industry sectors. We also enjoy extensive guest lecture input from companies such as IBM, HP and PwC, and from UK government and law enforcement agencies. This mix of research-led teaching and real-world input will both inspire and prepare you to contribute at the forefront of the cyber domain.
We currently offer two MSc courses (also available in part time mode):
MSc Cyber Security Engineering comprises eight compulsory 15-credit taught modules and a 60-credit dissertation. Cyber Security Engineering is provisionally certified by GCHQ.
CSE has been designed for candidates seeking a technical focus on cyber security. The technical focus is achieved through a more intensive module assessment.
MSc Cyber Security and Management comprises nine 10-credit taught modules and a 90-credit dissertation. Five of the taught modules are compulsory for this award. Four other taught modules must be selected by the student. A pathway through Cyber Security and Management is provisionally certified by GCHQ.
CSM has been designed for candidates looking to understand or apply cyber security in a consultancy/strategic business or management context.
A Masters course uniquely embedded in industry
- When you study MSc Cyber Security and Management or Cyber Security Engineering at Warwick, you will gain an unparalleded exposure to industry. All taught modules contain considerable input from industry experts who, through case studies and guest lectures, contribute to the design and delivery of material making for a vey rich learning environment.
- An example of some of the companies involved in the Cyber programmes since they were launched include HP, Amethyst Consulting, Deep Secure Ltd, Siskin Technology, SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency), CSC, VMware, OCSIA, Nottingham Police, Mozilla, Metropolitan Police, Kaspersky, Berwin Leighton Paisner, Telefonica, IBM, Blackstage Forensics, Derbyshire NHS Trust and Nettitude.
- You will have additional opportunity to engage with industry through industry visits, conferences, and mentoring or advice from industry experts at key stages of your work.
Cyber Security Research at WMG
- Keep abreast of the research and news coming out of our Cyber Security Centre at WMG.
After You Graduate
Graduates can expect to go on to work within corporate information - security and technology teams, consultancies, government information-security departments, management tracks in information critical organisations and cyber security related research.
- If you have questions about this course, you can contact the Admissions Office: wmgmasters at warwick dot ac dot uk, +44 (0)24 7652 3691