This module introduces Computer Programming, enabling participants to develop and build software programs and applications. It introduces the key concepts found in almost all computer languages and enables participants to gain software development skills be able apply them in suitable scenarios.
It’s specifically tailored for students with no background in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and no prior experience of computer programming.
Through a series of lectures, demonstrations and practical workshops, participants develop their programming skills, gaining an insight into the challenges of programming and software development.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Critically analyse a range of problems and design structured applications that can meet them using an appropriate computer language.
- Demonstrate an ability to edit, run and debug programs on computers and other devices as appropriate.
- Develop programs to meet a set of requirements and test them to ensure their validity.
- Create appropriate and accurate documentation for programs and applications.
- Introduction to Programming
- Programming Languages
- Object Oriented Programming
- Variables, Controls and Operators
- Integrated Development Environments
- Product Development Canvas
- Software Engineering
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Sensors and Control – Embedded programming
5 Days, including 8x1.5hours lectures and 16x1.5hours practical class
Post Module Assignment (100%)