Excellent organizations plan and manage their knowledge and assets to support policy and strategy and effectively operate their processes, balancing current and future needs of the organization, the community and the environment.
AIM OF THE MODULE
To enable participants to develop their ability to apply asset and knowledge management theory and good practices.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Identify and analyse opportunities to improve the management of an organization’s resources in support of an organization’s policy and strategy.
- Create an implementation plan that would deliver the identified opportunities.
- Concepts of resource and asset management.
- Overview of knowledge management in engineering asset management context.
- Engineering asset management methodologies.
- Maintenance strategies.
- Life cycle costing.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT:
30 marks in-class based on team projects. This includes marks awarded for the quality and frequency of reflection on learning recorded in a blog during the module.
- 70 marks individual written post module assignment (PMA). This includes marks awarded for the quality and frequency of reflection on learning between the end of the module and submission of the PMA recorded in a blog and a short reflective piece submitted with the PMA.
Please note: the details of this module are correct for the current year of study and may be subject to change for future years.