This module shows how leaders develop, facilitate and manage the achievement of the mission and vision via a clear stakeholder focused strategy, supported by relevant policies, objectives, targets and plans implemented through appropriate actions and behaviours that conform to developed values required for long term success, thereby ensuring that the organization’s management system is developed and implemented.
Students will learn about leadership and develop their leadership skills by working in teams carrying out mini-projects and taking part in simulations. The intention is that students learn by doing; learning unconsciously by working with colleagues in teams, learning through reviewing what worked and what did not work, developing their skills through practice in a safe learning environment.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Analyse an organizational situation to identify areas for improvement of leadership.
- Select and propose how to apply one or more leadership theories to improve the quality of leadership in the organizational situation analysed in part one of this assignment.
- Defining leadership.
- Theories of leadership from management and psychological perspectives.
- Strategic direction setting.
- Development of vision, mission and values for an organization and their links to strategy.
- Policy deployment.
- Management ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Performance management.
Post Module Assignment (3,000 words, 100% weighting)
Two weeks (3 hours of lectures, 3 hours of seminars, 21 hours of supervised practical classes and 7.5 hours of student mini-project presentations)
This is a course module on MSc Management for Business Excellence.
Please note: the details of this module are correct for the current year of study and may be subject to change for future years.