This course aims to provides an in-depth appreciation of machining technology including, the fundamental aspects of machining and cutting tools, the most widely used type of CNC machine tools and their applications pertaining to material removal processes, as well as support systems used on these machines. In addition, it provides participants with systematic procedures for specifications and selection of machine tools.
On successful completion, participants will be able to demonstrate:
- A detailed comprehension of fundamental aspects of machining, cutting tools, conventional and advanced material removal processes.
- A detailed understanding and awareness of most widely used types of modern machine tools and their applications.
- A detailed comprehension of machine tool support systems, such as tool management, probing systems and machine tool part programming.
- Ability to critically specify and select machine tools using a systematic methodology.
- Fundamentals of Machining
- Cutting Tools and Selection
- Machining Laboratory Demos
- Machining Centres
- Turning Centres
- Laser, Electro Discharge and Electro Chemical Machining & Machine Tools
- High Speed Machining
- Probing Systems
- Tool Management
- Machine Tool Programming & CAM
- Machining Process Planning & Fixturing
- Specification and Selection of Machine Tools
- Case Study: Cutting tool selection/Machine tool specifications & Selection
- Visit to a Machine Tool Builder (Yamazaki Machinery)