Selling is a technique which is quite different from that of Marketing and Business Development. It is an essential element of trading. Students need to understand the theory and then be able to skilfully apply the methods and techniques to create orders for the products or services provided by their business. Students likely to be undertaking any customer facing business activity, face to face negotiations or raising capital will benefit from this module. The objectives of the module are to acquire the following knowledge and skills and to be able to apply them in the Real World of Business.
- The Sales Process
- The Sales Techniques
- The Management of Sales and the Sales Team
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- For any product or service, be able to analyse the potential market including competitive environment and detailed target segments with their key attributes and devise a suitable sales strategy
- Compare and contrast the requirements of different sales channels, identifying their competitive advantage.
- Research and devise New Market or Product, Entry Sales Strategies
- Research, devise and present a compelling sales pitch for any product or service.
- Introduction to Selling
- Different Types of Selling
- Sales Techniques
- Questioning Skills
- Presenting the product / service
- Objection handling
- Closing the sale
- Psychology and Selling
- Cultural Awareness in Selling
- Recognition of Sales Strategies
- Managing Sales Teams
- Cross Cultural Sales Management
- Organisational Requirements
- Objective / Goal Setting
- Sales Programme Design
1 week, total 40 contact hours:
- Lectures (20 hours)
- Seminars (10 hours)
- Tutorials (10 hours)
Group Presentation based on Business Case scenario 30% weighting and individual Post Module Assignment 70% weighting
This is a course module on MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Please note: the details of this module are correct for the current year of study and may be subject to change for future years.