Follow this link for the 15 CAT version of this module for MSc International Technology Management.
The module aims to provide an appreciation of the role that technology plays in business. It integrates knowledge and leading edge thinking on the topic and offers insights into how technology is managed in industry, with relevant case studies and simulations to embed the learning. From finding the right technologies to implementing and exploiting them, the module provides useful insights to help current and future managers and technologists.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Discuss how technology can best be integrated in pursuit of commercial success and how to influence decision makers when making a case for technology investment
- Critically examine the technological competence of a business
- Assessing a business’ technology needs, design an approach for accessing and implementing required technologies
- Evaluate and apply tools & techniques necessary to identify and deliver technological change at an acceptable risk.
- Technology definitions & classifications
- Benefits & decision making in technology management
- Technology strategy
- Technology management frameworks
- Technology tools & techniques, including technology road mapping
- Case studies
Post-module work (4,500 word, 80% weighting) and in-module case study (20% weighting)
Lectures (20 hours)
Seminars (15 hours)