- To enable participants to understand how to identify a path which can lead to better performance, whether this involves progressing from Good to Excellent, from Acceptable to Good, or from Unacceptable to Acceptable in the quest for continuous improvement of sub-systems or processes. There are many tools and techniques which can be used to aid this quest, including those that have a basis in statistics.
- Statistical models and "real world" systems.
- Statistical Distributions (Continuous and Discrete).
- Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Sampling and Inference.
- Regression and Correlation.
- Introduction to Decision Analysis.
- Design of experiments.
- Model Building.
- Developing statistical models to represent "real life" systems.
- Using statistical models in problem solving and decision making.
- Understanding the relationship between statistical methods and other problem solving techniques.
- Understanding the extension of basic tools into more powerful techniques.