My research interests mainly concentrate on the following fields:
- Mechatronics: advanced mechatronic systems, integrated systems with both sensing, communication and automation technologies, system engineering and power management and control;
- Smart materials and applications to sensors, actuators and self-sensing mechanisms: Piezo, MR fluid, SMA, PAM, IPMC;
- Control theories and applications: nonlinear control (robust, adaptive, predictive, hybrid), networked control, remote control, fault tolerant control;
- Fluid power transmission and energy saving technologies: actuators, machines, transmissions for construction machinery, automotive, manipulators;
- Machine design and optimization;
- Renewable energy: wind/wave energy converter, self-performance optimization control to maximize energy harvesting efficiency.
My research publication record can be viewed in:
I am currently an Assistant Professor of Energy Management and Control System in WMG.
Since 2006, I have undertaken extensive research in the areas of control theories, automation, energy saving, energy management â€“ saving â€“ optimisation, and low carbon technologies for transport and construction sectors. I have published 67 high quality journal article (h-index 25 and i10-index 55 on Google Scholar, May 2020), 90 conference papers, 1 book, 2 book chapters, 4 patents and 11 paper awards.
I am a committee member of the IEEE IES (Industrial Electronic Society), secretary of the IEEE CIS (Computational Intelligence Society) UKRI Chapter, and editorial member/lead guest editor of 05 international journals (i.e. IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems (Q1) and Energies (Q1)). I am also a SC (Steering Committee) member of GRP (Global Research Priorities) Energy Group at UoW.
I have been invited as a keynote and an invited speaker for over 20 international conferences and seminars, a session chair for numerous international conferences (in UK, Korea, Thailand and Vietnam), and a SC member of international conference series (e.g., ICMT - International Conference on Mechatronics Technology, Powertrain Modelling and Control, and International Conference on New Energy and Environment Engineering).
I am (and was) a General Co-Chair of the 24th (and 23rd) IEEE-IES ICMT conference in Singapore, 2021 (and in Italy, 2019), and a Programme Chair of the FSPC2020 (International Conference on Frontiers of Systems, Process and Control in Thailand).
I have successfully supervised more than 10 PhDs, 05 full-time Master research students and many student projects.
View Current Projects
View All Projects
View All Publications