Farzad joined the academic world in the UK in 2007. In 2010 he joined Nottingham Trent University but he added to his teaching and research experience working in different universities in the UK including The University of Nottingham (Business School), The University of Sheffield (Economics Department), Staffordshire University (Business School). He has joined The University of Warwick (economics Department) since 2016.
His research interest is in the heterodox school of thought, more specifically post-Keynesians and stock-flow consistent modeling. Other areas of interest are political economy, financialisation, global sustainable development, and the history of economics.
Since 2010, he has supervised many UG and MSc students in different universities
- Topics in Financial Economics: Theories and International Finance (EC333) Module leader
- Introduction to Economics (EC106) Module lecturer
- Topics in Applied Economics (2b) (EC236) Module lecturer
- Topics in Applied Economics (3a) (EC340) Module lecturer
- Topics in Applied Economics (1b) (EC135) Module lecturer