Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 28244
Email: Lory dot Barile at warwick dot ac dot uk
Advice and Feedback hours:
Term 1: Monday 1-2pm; Thursday 1-2pm.
RAE Advice and Feedback hour (Term 1 & Term 2): Monday 2-3pm.
Term 3: please send me an email to book an appointment.
Associate Professor|Director of Graduate Studies (Taught Degrees)
- Behavioural and Experimental Economics
- Public Sector Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Applied Microeconomics
- Gender Economics
- Economics Education
- EC135: Topics in Applied Economics (1b)Link opens in a new window
- EC138: Introduction to Environmental EconomicsLink opens in a new window (Module Leader)
- EC331: Research in Applied Economics (RAE)Link opens in a new window
- EC989: Behavioural EconomicsLink opens in a new window
- EC959: Dissertation (Economics MSc Programme) (Module Leader)
- EC996: Environmental Economics
External Roles and Other Departmental/University Responsibilities
- Director of Graduate Studies (Taught Degrees)
- Member of the Teaching and Learning Committee
- Member of the Teaching Steering Group
- Widening Participation Co-ordinator (Economics Department)
- Member of Students' Progression Working Group
- Warwick Discover Economics Champion
- Deputy Director of the Behavioural Environmental Economics Team (BEET)
- Associate member of the Economics Network
- Member of the Athena Swan Departmental CommitteeLink opens in a new window
- Member of FSS WP Forum
- Member of WP Staff Network
- Fellow of Warwick International Higher Education Academy (WIHEA) and lead of the Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) WIHEA Learning Circle.
Economics study buddies: using Moodle to engage students with peer learning, Economics Network Case Study, published May 2021.
Outreach at the time of the pandemic: an online public good game with punishment, Economics Network Case Study, published September 2020.
Using Excel to design a statistics/econometrics assessment, Economics Network Case Study, published July 2020 as part of the Virtual Symposium on Online Teaching.
Time Preference for Investment in the Environment: The Impact of Intrinsic MotivationLink opens in a new window (with J. Cullis and P. Jones). Economic Issues, Vol. 23(2), 2018.
Individual Failure and a Behavioural Public Sector Economics (with Cullis, J. and P. Jones), 2018, in A. Lewis (ed.), The Cambridge Handbook of Psychology and Economic Behaviour (2nd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Will One Size Fit All? Incentives Designed to Nurture Pro-social BehaviourLink opens in a new window (with Cullis, J. and P. Jones), 2015. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, 57, 9-16.