Email: Nicholas dot Jackson at warwick dot ac dot uk
Room: S0.84 (Economics), B0.09 (Maths)
Advice & feedback hours: Wednesday 10am-11am and Friday 10am-11am, in S0.84. Or by appointment (email).
Senior Teaching Fellow
I am a Senior Teaching Fellow based partly in Economics and partly in Mathematics. My academic background is in mathematics and my main research interests are in algebra and topology: I completed my PhD in 2004 at Warwick, studying category theory, homological algebra and knot theory. I am currently module leader for EC119 Mathematical Analysis, EC133 Linear Algebra and MA397 Consolidation, a module leader for the MSc introductory maths module, and I help run the Personal Development Module. I am a fellow of the Warwick International Higher Education Academy.
- Geometric and algebraic topology, knot theory
- Homological algebra, category theory
- N J Jackson, Extensions of racks and quandles, Homology, Homotopy and Applications 7:1 (2005) 151–167, arXiv:math.CT/0408040
- N J Jackson, Rack and quandle homology, preprint (2004) arXiv:math.CT/0411055
- S K Friedl, N J Jackson, Approximations to the volume of hyperbolic knots, from "Twisted topological invariants and topology of low-dimensional manifolds" (editor T Morifuji), RIMS Kôyûroku 1747 (2011) 35–46 arXiv:1102.3742
- N M Dunfield, S K Friedl, N J Jackson, Twisted Alexander polynomials of hyperbolic knots, Experimental Mathematics 21:4 (2012) 329–352 arXiv:1108.3045
- N J Jackson, C G Johnson, Evolution of unknotting strategies for knots and braids, Proceedings of the 1st Symposium on Nature Inspired Computing, AISB/IACAP World Congress (2012) arXiv:1302.0787