University of Warwick is ranked in global top 25 for four subjects
The University of Warwick has been ranked as one of the world’s top 25 universities in four subject areas, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023.
Statistics & Operational Research (16th); Mathematics (19th); Business & Management Studies (22nd) and Economics & Econometrics (22nd) were assessed to be amongst the best courses in the world.
Three further subjects - English Language & Literature (26th); Accounting & Finance (38th) and History (45th) - also ranked within the prestigious top 50 table.
The QS World University Rankings rate 15,700 university courses at over 1500 universities in 93 countries around the world.
Universities are assessed on a wide range of criteria, including academic peer review, faculty/ student ratio, citations, and employer reputation.
In total, 30 subjects taught across a range of disciplines at Warwick feature in the annual list.
Stuart Croft, Vice Chancellor of the University of Warwick said: “I’m proud to see Warwick is once again right near the very top of the global rankings in a number of subjects.
“We’re fortunate to have so many world-class academics and researchers at Warwick, and our state-of-the-art facilities and innovative approach to teaching means we continue to stand out and make a positive difference not only domestically but also on the global stage.
“We have a vibrant student community here made up of people from over 124 countries who can rightly be proud of these results too."
The latest QS World University Rankings follows on from a number of high-profile rating successes for Warwick. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023 ranked Warwick 9th in the list of the UK’s top universities, and 8th in The Guardian’s University Guide 2023.
92% of Warwick’s research was assessed to be ‘world leading or internationally excellent’ by a panel of global experts in the Research Excellence Framework (REF2021).
The 30 subjects taught at the University of Warwick which featured in the QS World University Rankings are:
- Statistics & Operational Research (16)
- Mathematics (19)
- Business & Management Studies (22)
- Economics & Econometrics (22)
- English Language & Literature (26)
- Accounting & Finance (38)
- History (45)
- Communication & Media Studies (51-100)
- Development Studies (51-100)
- Performing Arts (51-100)
- Philosophy (51-100)
- Politics & International Studies (51-100)
- Modern Languages (56)
- Psychology (71)
- Computer Science & Information Systems (77)
- Sociology (79)
- Education (101-150)
- Law (101-150)
- Linguistics (101-150)
- Theology, Divinity & Religious Studies (101-140)
- Chemistry (106)
- Physics & Astronomy (128)
- Engineering - Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing (130)
- Engineering - Electrical & Electronic (150)
- Biological Sciences (151-200)
- Materials Science (151-200)
- Medicine (151-200)
- Archaeology (201-240)
- Engineering - Civil & Structural (201-230)
- Environmental Sciences (301-350)