Respect yourself and everyone around you.
“Nothing is so important that it cannot be done safely.”
Estates Health, Safety and Wellbeing Strategic Objectives 2020.
- Risks: Ensure that Risk Assessments are in place for work activities with significant risk and that these Risk Assessments are reviewed at least annually, following any related incidents/near misses or when any significant changes to processes or activities are to be made.
- Safe Systems of Work: Ensure that where risk cannot be completely managed through the use of engineering controls alone that safe systems of work are documented, communicated , implemented and complied with across Estates through the use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Tool Box Talks (TBTs).
- Audit and Assurance: Ensure that actions identified through proactive monitoring of contractors by Estates Staff (inspections, tours, audits etc.) are closed out within agreed timescales
- Investigate: Ensure that actions identified through the investigation of accidents, incidents, near misses, ill-health etc. are closed out within agreed timescales.
- Training: Ensure that all mandatory Health and Safety training (as identified within the University Leadership and Management of Health and Safety and Estates L&D training plan) is attended and delivered. Aim: 90%
- Take positive action: Ensure our critical areas or activities with a significant safety/wellbeing risk are identified and take positive action towards focusing activities on these areas.