As we head into what is always the busiest time of year on and around campus, we’d like to give you some advice and information to help you.
The roads around campus will be busy at peak times. The junction improvements we made on Gibbet Hill Road in 2014/15 have reduced congestion, but build-ups do still occur for traffic joining the A46 and A45 which then have an effect on campus.
While not practical for everybody, you could consider travelling at alternative times and along alternative routes to avoid the heavier traffic. If some people take this approach, there will be a benefit for all.
A one-way system is in place on University Road between the junctions near the IMC and the Sports Centre. Please take care and follow all diversion signs.
More parking spaces will open on campus shortly following a summer of work to expand several existing car parks, and to create a new multi-storey car park. In the meantime:
- At busy times there will be staff on the ground at every multi-storey car park on campus (including Gibbet Hill campus) to advise when these car parks are full and where alternative car parking is available.
- When campus parking is full, we will operate overflow parking. Please follow signs and any instructions our staff give you.
- While campus is busy you may need to park further away from your usual or preferred location. As well as walking, you could consider the campus shuttlebus or try out a UniCycle.
- If you need help and can’t find anyone on the ground to talk to, please call the car parking team on (02476 5) 22206/22209.
For more information about parking see warwick.ac.uk/carparks.
As we continue our improvements to campus footpaths there are some diversions in place:
- To get from Central Campus to University House, use Gibbet Hill Road past the Gatehouse and through University House car park along the signposted diversion route.
- To get from Central Campus to the Science Park (including Millburn House) and Westwood Campus, follow the signposted diversion from Academic Square (WMG/Maths and Stats) and next to Riley Court.
- To get from Central Campus to Cannon Park shopping centre use the footpath next to Claycroft accommodation, but take care as construction work is taking place in the area.
- Please take a look at our map of pedestrian diversions and recommended routes for more information.
- The campus shuttlebus is available for your free use.
Have you tried our campus bike hire scheme UniCycles?
As we continue our improvements to campus cycle routes, some cyclists dismount signs are in place for the safety of all users of the area. Please dismount your cycle when you see one of these signs.
The U1 (to Leamington Spa) and 12X (direct to Coventry Station) will stop at the Humanities bus stop as well as the University Bus Interchange. All other services will stop at the Interchange, and stops along Gibbet Hill Road and Kirby Corner Road as appropriate.
The latest timetables are available in the Interchange stops.
The campus taxi rank is in the Bus Interchange. For more information see warwick.ac.uk/taxis.