An Assembly has been convened for Friday 29th June 2018.
To read more, view motions, and register to attend, please Click Here
Assembly Working Group Report
The Assembly Working Group was formed to consider the functions and the membership of the University Assembly and to make suggestions regarding the organisation of the All Staff Meeting. Read the report.
- The Vice-Chancellor and President (Chair)
- The Provost
- The Pro-Vice-Chancellors
- The Professors, Registrar, Secretary to Council, Librarian, Readers and other members of the academic staff
- All staff employed on Academic, Research only and Teaching only terms and conditions from the date of their appointment as may be designated by the Senate
- Such other members of the University as may be nominated by the Senate
At its meeting held on 26 January 2011 the Senate resolved that the rules for membership of the Assembly be as follows (minute 38/10-11 refers):
- (a) All staff employed on Academic, Research only and teaching only terms and conditions shall become members of the Assembly from the date of their appointment.
- (b) All staff employed on level 6-9 terms and conditions shall become members of the Assembly from the date of their appointment.
Subsequently, at its meeting held on 14 June 2017 the Senate resolved that the rules for membership of the Assembly be extended as follows (minute 94/16-17 refers):
That the membership of the Assembly be extended to all staff employed on level 1-9 terms and conditions from the date of their employment.
The previous minutes of the meetings of the Assembly are held in hard copy by the University Archive.