Before you can begin writing an entry about a web page or site you must be signed in.
- In the right hand side of the utility bar of your blog you will see a link that says 'Create entry'. Hover over the 'Create entry' link and a drop down menu will appear. Choose the type of entry you wish to create. The create a new entry screen should appear.
- Enter a title for your entry under ' Title of entry'. The title will show as a heading just above the text of your entry.
- Click in the textbox labeled 'Tags/Keywords' and enter some tags for your entry.
- Enter the web address of the web page you want to write about in the box underneath ' Related web page'.
- Decide who can see your entry. Click on the drop down privacy list under ' Who can see this entry?' and select the level of privacy that you would like for the entry.
- Decide who can comment on your entry. Click on the drop down list under ' Who can comment on this entry?' and select the group who you would like to be able to comment on this entry.
- Decide whether you want the entry to appear in any blog collections and select either 'Show in blog collections' or 'Show just on my blog'.
- Write and format the text for your entry in the large text box under ' Text of entry'.
- When you have finished writing your entry, click on the 'Publish now' button:
You should see that the entry has been added to your blog.
Under the title of your entry you should see the words "Writing about web page" followed by the web address of the page or site that the entry is about. If you click on the web address, you should be taken to this page.
Example: You may have read an interesting article on a current political issue on the BBC News web site and want to express your own views on the subject. You could set the 'Related web page' to the web page for the article so that people reading your entry can also read the original article.