I'm halfway through writing an entry/review, how can I save it so I can finish it later?
To save an entry so that you can finish it later you must be in the process of creating or editing an entry. You must sign in to your blog before creating or finishing a previously saved entry.
Note: Before you can save an entry, you must give it a title.
- When you have reached the point when you wish to save an entry so that you can finish it later, click on the 'Save for later' button found under the large text box. You will see that the entry does not appear on your blog.
- When you are ready to finish your entry, go to your blog. In the right hand side of the utility bar of your blog you will see a link that says 'Admin'. Click on the 'Admin' link. The Manage your blog screen should appear.
- Click on 'Manage your blog entries/drafts' in the 'Blog content' box. A list of all your blog entries should now appear.
- Find the saved entry that you wish to finish in the 'Entry title' column on the left hand side. You will see that the status of this entry is listed in the 'Status' column as 'Draft'. Click on the 'Edit' link in the 'Actions' column on the right hand side. The create/edit entry screen will appear. You will see a line of text saying 'This entry has not yet been published' in the bottom right corner of the screen, above the 'Publish now' button.
- Finish writing your entry. When you have finished the entry, click on the 'Publish now' button:
You should see that the entry has been added to your blog.
Example: You may be writing some notes on an essay you are working on but want to check something in a text book before you continue. You could save the work you have done so far and go to the Library to find the information you need. Once found, you can carry on from where you were without ever publishing the entry.