What is Sprint?
Personal Development Programme for Female Students (UG and PG programmes available)
The Sprint programme has been introduced for all female students, to help you take hold of your personal development and help realise your ambitions.
- Develop confidence and assertiveness
- Identify core values and personal branding
- Build strategies for managing stress and change
- 4 day immersive programme
- Delivered in partnership with employers
What will I gain?
Across 3½ action packed days, the programme covers a range of key development topics, to help you:
- increase your confidence and learn how to use assertiveness positively
- build your image and increase your personal power and influence
- identify your core values, attitudes and direction
- manage your time effectively, learn how to cope with stress and change and foster a healthy lifestyle
- practise networking skills with fellow students, role models and industry professionals
- work with a mentor (provided by sponsoring companies) to keep you on track to achieve your goal
- work in small groups via hands-on exercises and discussions, establish support networks
- each day of the programme, you will hear from senior professional female role models
- day 1-3 take place in the same week and Day 4 (half day follow up), takes place on approximately 2 months later
- you will be given an A4 folder covering the programme and exercises for future reference
Find out more:
- Undergraduate applications for the February 2019 programme are closed.
- Postgraduate applications for the April 2019 programme are open: programme sign-up
Next programme dates:
|Undergraduate 2019 Week 6 Spring Term||Postgraduate 2019 Week 1 Summer Term|
|Day 1: Monday 11th February 2019 (9-4.15pm)||Day 1: Wednesday 24 April 2019 (9-4.15pm)|
|Day 2: Tuesday 12th February 2019 (9-4.15pm)||Day 2: Thursday 25 April 2019 (9-4.15pm)|
|Day 3: Thursday 14th February 2019 (9-4.30pm)||Day 3: Friday 26 April 2019 (9-4.30pm)|
|Day 4: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 (1-5.00pm)||Day 4: Monday 1st July 2019 (9-1.00pm)|
|Applications closed||Applications extended to: 3rd March at 11.59pm|
Places are limited. A £50 refundable deposit is payable if your application is successful and will be returned to you at the end of the programme.
Sprint is primarily a personal development programme. Please note it does not cover the following areas:
- CV writing
- Job applications/applying for graduate schemes
- A guide to assessment centres
Hear from students who have completed the Sprint Programme
Courtenay Barron-Cutts, Languages student, Nov 15