What is Sprint?
Personal Development Programme for Female Students (UG and PG programmes available)
Sprint is an immersive female personal development programme for university students across 3.5 days.
Designed by Springboard Consultancy in conjunction with Oxford and Cambridge universities in part to help redress the gender pay gap imbalance and to equip students with the skills required to enable them to accelerate their potential in all areas of life including academic, personal and career as well as developing a positive mind-set.
What will I gain?
Delivered by our all female licensed in-house trainers it will help you:
- Develop confidence and assertiveness
- Harness personal power and influence
- Identify core values and personal branding
- Set value-based goals
- Practice networking skills with fellow students, role models and industry-professionals
- Build strategies for managing stress and change, manage time effectively to create a work/life balance
- Work closely with peers with the opportunity to build lasting networks
Who is eligible to apply?
- Current female students and those who identify as non-binary and with the objectives of The Sprint Programme and are available to attend all 4 days.
- Current female finalists are eligible to apply for the week 0 Sprint Programme in the year in which they graduate
- PG Sprint programme includes Masters and Research students
How many programmes do you run?
- Each year we run 3 UG programmes - week 0 and week 11 Autumn Term and week 6 Spring Term - and one PG programme - week 3 Summer Term.
- Day 1-3 will take place in the same week and Day 4 (half day follow up) will take place approximately 2 months later.
- Download the full schedule of programmes 2019/20 academic year
- An A4 folder covering the content of the programme, yours to keep to refer to for future reference and track your progress
- Opportunity to learn from a female one to one mentor over a 2 month period
- Access to online resources containing course content and suggested additional resources
- Inspiring women talks each day of the programme and a chance to network and ask questions
- Delivered in partnership with sponsor organisations
- Free for students. The programme is fully sponsored by programme sponsors or The University of Warwick
- A £50 refundable deposit is payable if your application is successful and will be returned to you at the end of the programme on completion of all 4 days. If you anticipate you will have difficulty paying the deposit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to access support for funding.
Find out more
How to apply
- Undergraduate applications are currently open: apply here
- Postgraduate applications open 1st October 2019
Next programme dates:
|Undergraduate 2019 Week 0 Pre Autumn Term||Postgraduate 2020 Week 6 Summer Term|
Day 1: Wednesday 25 September 2019 (9am-4.15pm)
|Day 1: Tuesday 5th May 2020 (9am-4.15pm)|
|Day 2: Thursday 26 September 2019 (9am-4.15pm)||Day 2: Wednesday 6th May 2020 (9am-4.15pm)|
|Day 3: Friday 27 September 2019 (9am-4.30pm)||Day 3: Thursday 7th May 2020 (9am-4.30pm)|
|Day 4: Wednesday 4 December 2019 (1-5.00pm)||Day 4: Wednesday 8th July 2020 (9am-1.5pm)|
|Applications open 29 April 2019||Applications open 1st October 2019|
The number of places is limited to 50 per programme. Selection is based on:
- Strength of Application
- Priority will be given to successful applicants who have applied previously but were unable to gain a place due to the high number of applicants
- Where there is nothing to choose between applicants, places will be offered in order of receipt so it is best to apply early
Sprint is primarily a personal development programme. Please note it does not cover the following areas:
- CV writing
- Job applications/applying for graduate schemes
- A guide to assessment centres
Hear from students who have completed the Sprint Programme