What is Sprint?
Personal Development Programme for Female Students (UG and PG programmes available)
Sprint is an immersive female personal development programme for university students across 7 online sessions.
Designed by The Springboard Consultancy in conjunction with Oxford and Cambridge universities in part to help address the gender pay gap imbalance and to equip students with the skills required to enable them to accelerate their potential in all areas of life including academic, personal and career as well as developing a positive mind-set.
What will I gain?
Delivered by our all female licensed in-house trainers it will help you:
- Develop confidence and assertiveness
- Harness personal power and influence
- Identify core values and personal branding
- Set value-based goals
- Practice networking skills with fellow students, role models and industry-professionals
- Build strategies for managing stress and change and increase resilience
- Manage time effectively to create a work/life balance
- Work closely with peers with the opportunity to build lasting networks
You will also receive a verified Sprint certificate which can be easily checked by employers and integrated to your LinkedIn
Who is eligible to apply?
- Current female students (and those who identify as non-binary and with the objectives of The Sprint Programme) and can attend all 7 online sessions
- UG Sprint programme includes integrated undergraduate masters students
- PG Sprint programme includes Postgraduate Taught and Research students
How many programmes do you run?
- For 2021 to 2022 academic year we will be running three Undergraduate Programmes and one Postgraduate Programme
- Sessions will run over 2 consecutive weeks with the final session taking place 2 months later
- Each session lasts 3 hours 45 minutes (see times below)
- The programme will take place via Microsoft Teams. Full instructions on how to access and navigate Teams will be provided
- A digital folder covering the content of the programme, yours to keep to refer to for future reference and track your progress
- Opportunity to learn from a female one to one mentor over a 2 month period
- Access to online Moodle resources containing course content and suggested additional resources
- Inspiring women talks scheduled throughout the programme and a chance to network and ask questions via the online forum
- Delivered in partnership with sponsor organisations
- Free for students. The programme is fully sponsored by programme sponsors or The University of Warwick
- A £50 refundable deposit is payable if your application is successful and will be returned to you at the end of the programme on completion of all 7 sessions. If you anticipate you will have difficulty paying the deposit please contact sprint at warwick dot ac dot uk
If you would like more information or a one to one chat, please contact Jane Eley, Sprint Coordinator sprint at warwick dot ac dot uk. We can offer departmental taster introductory sessions via MS Teams through your Departmental Administrator or Student Experience Manager for groups of 20 or more.
Find out more
Next programme dates
|UG Programme 1, September 2021|
|Applications close on: Sunday 22 August 2021 at 11.59pm BST|
|S1 Monday||20 September 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S2 Tuesday||21 September 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S3 Wednesday||22 September 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S4 Monday||27 September 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S5 Tuesday||28 September 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S6 Wednesday||29 September 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S7 Wednesday||1 December 2021||12:45 - 16:30|
|UG Programme 2, December 2021|
|S1 Monday||6 December 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S2 Tuesday||7 December 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S3 Wednesday||8 December 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S4 Monday||13 December 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S5 Tuesday||14 December 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S6 Wednesday||15 December 2021||9:15 - 13:00|
|S7 Monday||21 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|UG Programme 3, March 2022|
|S1 Tuesday||22 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S2 Wednesday||23 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S3 Thursday||24 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S4 Monday||28 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S5 Tuesday||29 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S6 Wednesday||30 March 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S7 Monday||27 June 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|PG Programme, May 2022|
|S1 Tuesday||3 May 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S2 Wednesday||4 May 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S3 Thursday||5 May 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S4 Monday||9 May 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S5 Tuesday||10 May 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S6 Wednesday||11 May 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
|S7 Wednesday||13 July 2022||9:15 - 13:00|
Places are limited. Selection is based on:
- Strength of Application
- Priority will be given to successful applicants who have applied previously but were unable to gain a place due to the high number of applicants
- Where there is nothing to choose between applicants, places will be offered in order of receipt so it is best to apply early
Applications are made through myAdvantage. Please refer to each programme for application closing dates.
Open to apply now:
- UG Programme 1 - applications close Sunday 22 August 2021 at 11.59pm BST
- UG Programme 2 and 3 - application opening time to be confirmed. Please check back for further updates.
- PG Programme - application opening time to be confirmed. Please check back for further updates.
Sprint is primarily a personal development programme
Please note it does not cover the following areas:
- CV writing
- Job applications/applying for graduate schemes
- A guide to assessment centres