Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Physical including mobility issues, use of mobility aids or difficulty using arms


The University campus is generally accessible. There is a steep gradient on the pathway and road between central campus and Gibbet Hill where Life Sciences and Warwick Medical School are located, but the rest of the campus is fairly flat. Please note that due to ongoing development works some of the paths and usual routes may be blocked. Diversions are signposted with accessible alternatives.

Most teaching blocks have lift access to all floors and lifts are located in some of the halls of residence. There is an ongoing development program to improve lift access within residences.

The Estates accessibility team is working with staff and students to monitor and continue to develop the campus accessibility. You can find more information and regular updates at this link .

Accessible accommodation is available in different undergraduate and postgraduate blocks. Additional information about these blocks and on campus accommodation can be found at the Warwick Accommodation website.

Students with temporary mobility difficulties (as a result for example of a broken leg) should discuss their support requirements with their Department however, the Disability Team can offer some advice about external organisations providing support.


The Disability Team offers advise and support tailored to individual needs and informed by relevant supporting evidence. That can include:

  • Guidance and assistance applying for the Disabled Student Allowances if eligible
  • Support with accessible accommodation and any required adaptations
  • Support with reasonable adjustments including exam arrangements
  • Liaising with the Department to consider accessibility as well as any other support required
  • One to one enabling support such as notetaking when required as well as looking at notetaking software options
  • In the academic year 2021/22, transcription support in the form of human editing of any available automated transcripts that are problematic in terms of accuracy, requests are considered on an individual disability need basis
  • One to one specialist support when required such as specialist study skills or mentoring
  • Signposting to services, facilities and support offered in the Library including the accessible bookable study rooms, the fetch ad carry service and assistive software
  • Signposting to Productivity Tools
  • Assistance with personal evacuation plans when required
  • Facilitating any private arrangements students have made for personal care support by for example arranging access for carers in the Library etc.
  • Individual applicant campus visits


Accessible parking is available on campus for blue badge holders and some limited parking is available to other students without a blue badge who require temporary on campus accessible parking. Please note that parking on campus is limited, you can find additional information on the Car Parking WebPages.

Personal Care

Students are responsible for making their own arrangements for personal care support (i.e. assistance with daily living tasks such as showering, getting dressed, meal preparation, washing, shopping etc.) and ensuring they have secured sufficient funding to cover the cost of those arrangements. The University provides academic enabling support such as note-taking, library assistance and specialist study skills but does not offer personal care support/assistance and can not cover any related costs.

Home fee paying students are advised to contact their home area Social Services Department to request a community assessment to discuss a suitable care package, which could include provision for a resident or visiting personal carer. As part of that care package Social Services will also consider funding that could cover accommodation and other related costs for personal carers. Accommodation for personal carers/assistants can be provided at the University by arrangement in the same block the student will be allocated to, but students will be responsible to cover any costs relating to their accommodation and that of their carers.

International students are advised to contact local UK based personal care agencies prior to coming to University to discuss their personal requirements and related costs. Care agencies will assess needs and that process as well as the availability of carers varies, therefore students are encouraged to make arrangements before they commence their course to ensure they can access appropriate support and they have sufficient funds to cover those cost.

There are some external organisations and charities that depending on eligibility could offer assistance towards personal care costs. Those include the Snowdon Trust and the Student Health Association.

The University offers an Ensuite On Campus Accommodation Subsidy to students requiring ensuite accommodation for themselves and their carers as a result of a disability. All students (Home,EU/International) who are eligible on disability grounds can apply for the subsidy on an annual basis for their accommodation and their carer accommodation.

The Disability Team will facilitate any personal care arrangements students make as much as possible, by assisting with accommodation allocations, inductions and Health & Safety procedures.


For visitors to the campus, power wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available on loan. Please contact Warwick Conferences on +44 (0) 24 7652 3222 or conferences at warwick dot ac dot uk for additional information.

Contact us

For additional information on accessibility or to arrange an individual campus visit please contact us through the wellbeing portal or on tel: 024 7657 5570.