We’re one of the UK’s leading research universities and the quality and impact of our research is reflected in
our rankings. We performed strongly in the Government’s Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014:
- Warwick ranked 7th overall in the UK (based on multifaculty institutions).
- Four of our departments are ranked as the leading academic department for outputs (publications) in the country.
- 87% of our research is ‘world‑leading’ (3*) or ‘internationally excellent’ (4*).
- 19 departments are in the top ten in the UK in their unit of assessment based on outputs
Warwick’s intensity also achieved a top ten ranking, signifying the strength of our exceptional research staff.
2014 Research Excellence Framework:
**GPA: Grade Point Average
**Comprised of our departments of Mathematics and Statistics
Setting Global Research Priorities
Responding through research to global challenges, our Global Research Priorities focus our world-class, multidisciplinary research on key areas of international significance and bring together scholarly expertise from across faculties and departments.
Warwick’s current Global Research Priorities are:
- Behavioural Science
- Connecting Cultures
- Cyber Security
- Global Governance
- Innovative Manufacturing
- International Development
- Science and Technology for Health
- Sustainable Cities