**Study Buddies is still running in term three. Join us on the Microsoft Teams space and enter the code - fsnoqj2 - to enrol**
The study buddies Academic Writing Bootcamps are all day sessions where you can come to write, read and work on your assessment in a quiet and supportive working environment. At each study buddy session an academic will be on hand to provide guidance and support with assessments.
What students have said about why they like study buddies:
- 'Loved the ability to get feedback on work. Love the location and the ability to discuss with fellow students of similar disciplines about their work. The food and hot drinks and fruit'.
- 'The supportive environment and the access to coffee'
- 'Interactive with students and professors'
- 'the fact that people are there for the same reason that I am, and that if you need help, there is always someone who listens to you'
This student-led research and public engagement project will explore the history of the Arts Faculty and student experience at the University of Warwick. Undergraduate and postgraduate students from across Arts will work collaboratively to conduct archival research at the Modern Records Centre and Students’ Union and interviews with staff and students, past and present.
The project will culminate in an exhibition at the Modern Records Centre in June 2020. Project contributors will also produce a project/exhibition webpage and have the opportunity to publish in a special issue of Exchanges.
Current Faculty of students are invited to submit their work to the Digital Arts Lab Competition and Showcase 2020! There are four submission categories:
- digital artefact (image, performance, audio, object)
- academic work on digital themes
The deadline for submission is the 27th April 2020. The Showcase will be hosted online.
In 2019, Dr Kathryn Woods (Director of Student Experience) and Dr Damien Homer (Widening Participation Co-ordinator) developed an online learning resource for pre-arrival students with a group of current students. The resource includes a mixture of video and interactive activities which introduce pre-arrival students to life and learning at University (hoping to dispel some of the anxieties around coming to University). Current students can access the moodle resource here.