Full year exchange: July-June (semesters July-Nov., with orientation from mid-July; March-June, with mid-Feb. orientation). After 2nd year. Would create 4-year degree pathway. No cap on numbers.
Applying: contact Prof. Suzanne Frey-Kupper
Information meeting on Thursday 8 Nov. 1-2 pm (room tbc) with Gina Friedman Study Abroad Co-ordinator
If you are interested in a year in Monash, attendance is required (to be confirmed by email to Suzanne Frey-Kupper by Friday 2 Nov. 2 pm)
A general meeting will also be held on:
Thursday 8 November 3-4pm, L5 in the Chemistry Building
Costs (tbc for 2019/20)
• £1350 tuition fees
• campus accommodation £2500/ $4500 per semester. For 2nd semester it is cheaper to live in off-campus accommodation
• health insurance (Australian Government requirement)
Can work full-time during long break (November-March) and 20 hours per week during semester on or off-campus. £9 per hour minimum wage, many jobs much higher. Need to make financial plan.
• Requires 2.1 average at end of 1st year and regular attendance; Students wishing to participate in an exchange with Monash have to achieve a 2.1 overall profile at the end of the 1st year and make proof of impeccable attendance, including of the information session on Monash organised in term 1 of their first year..
• Pass rate for Monash modules 50%
• Enrol in 4 x 6 credit point units (modules) at Monash from Faculty of Arts with 2000 or 3000 code, from 2nd year programme. In the application form list 8 units for the first semester of study only for consideration by the Faculty of Arts.
Units (modules) at Monash
• Italian language
You can get more information about organising your Erasmus year abroad from the Warwick Study Abroad team | Office for Global Engagement.