This theme aims to push the boundaries of our theories, knowledge, and practices to understand and underpin transformation to a more sustainable and resilient future in the Anthropocene through transdisciplinary research across multiple disciplines, sectors, and regions.
Objectives under this theme
- Advance interdisciplinary theories to improve our understanding of complex (eco)systems in a changing world.
- Conduct empirical research to reveal the complex and changing interactions, patterns, and processes in the coupled human-nature context.
- Develop innovative solutions to foster sustainable transformation.
- Water security, inequality, and resilience
- Aquatic ecosystems (e.g., rivers and mangroves) under change
- Data and digital technologies for sustainability (e.g., serious games, visualisation, sensor networks, and citizen science)
- Environmental and data governance
Staff associated with this theme