Professor of Organic Chemistry
I work on synthesis and catalysis. In particular, there is a focus on asymmetric catalysis with organometallic complexes and the development of novel synthetic methodology. Please go to my research group website for full details.
Groups at Warwick
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of the American Chemical Society
- Member of the Society for Chemical Industry
- BSc Imperial College 1985
- DPhil Oxford 1988
- DSc Warwick 2008
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Geneva University 1988-1989
- Lecturer at Bath University 1989-1995
- Reader at Warwick University 1995-2000
- Professor at Warwick University 2000-present
Details of ongoing projects can be found on my group website.
I am currently interested in:
- Synthetic chemistry and asymmetric catalysis
- Enantioselective ketone reduction using transfer hydrogenation and asymmetric carbon-carbon bond forming reactions using homochiral transition metal catalysts
- Total and partial synthesis of natural products
- Development of supported reagents for synthesis.
- My Research Group uses a wide range of structural and analytical techniques such as infra-red, NMR, mass spectrometry, X-ray diffraction etc..
My teaching is delivered through Moodle. I teach to all years.
Information on my research group can be found on my group website.
Full details of my research group can be found on my group website.
I am happy to consider any further applications from prospective students.
Go to my group website for my publication list.