Mark is an assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry, within the Synthesis & Catalysis ClusterLink opens in a new window. Research in the Greenhalgh group focuses on the development of new catalytic methods for the synthesis of small molecules. In particular, we are currently interested in exploiting poorly-understood chemical phenomena for the design of novel modes of catalysis. We aim to obtain a fundamental mechanistic understanding of the science that underpins any new method to better direct future research efforts.
We are always interested in recruiting new students so please get in touch if you are interested in working with us as a Masters student, a PhD student, an undergraduate summer student or as a PDRA.
Groups at Warwick
- Greenhalgh Research GroupLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window
- Synthesis & Catalysis ClusterLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window
- 2020–present: Assistant Professor, University of Warwick
- 2015–2020: Post-doctoral Research Assistant, University of St Andrews (Prof. Andy SmithLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window)
- 2010–2015: Ph.D, University of Edinburgh/Bristol (Dr Stephen ThomasLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window)
- 2006–2010: MChem with a year in Australia, University of Sheffield