Professor Evgeny Rebrov
Professor of Chemical Engineering
1995 - MSc in Chemistry (cum laude, Novosibirsk State University)
1999 - PhD in Physical Chemistry (Boreskov Institute of Catalysis)
2012 - DSc in Chemical Engineering; IChemE member
- Multiphase chemical reactors
- Composite magnetic nanoparticles
- RF and microwave heating
- Non-thermal plasma
- Fine chemicals synthesis
Professor Rebrov's current research is at the interface between material nano-engineering and catalytic reactor engineering with a strong focus on the application of nonconventional energy sources, such as microwave, radiofrequency fields and UV light, to activate catalysts and to intensify reaction and transport processes. The research is focused on the understanding and controlling of the interaction of physical transport and reaction processes at all relevant time and length scales in the realization and testing of these chemical reactors for a wide range of applications and processes.
ES4D9 - Heat transfer theory and design (Module leader)
ES97B - Bioenergy and Biotechnology (co-lecturer)
- Ellwood, L.A. Živković, P. Denissenko, R.Sh. Abiev, E.V. Rebrov, M. Petkovska, Process Intensification in photocatalytic decomposition of formic acid over a TiO2 catalyst by forced periodic modulation of concentration, temperature, flowrate and light intensity, Processes 9 (2021) 2046.
R.Sh. Abiev, D.A. Sladkovskiy, K.V. Semikin, D.Yu. Murzin, E.V.Rebrov, Non-thermal plasma for process and energy intensification in dry reforming of methane, Catalysts, 10 (2020) 1–41.
- E.V. Rebrov, N.Cherkasov, Disruptive technology for fine chemicals synthesis with catalyst-coated tube reactors, Chimica Oggi - Chemistry Today 36(5) (2018) 17-20.
- N.Cherkasov, A.O. Ibhadon, E.V. Rebrov, Solvent-free semihydrogenation of acetylene alcohols in a capillary microreactor coated with Pd-Bi/TiO2 catalysts, Appl. Catal. A 515 (2016) 108–115.
- N. Cherkasov, A.O.Ibhadon, E.V. Rebrov, Novel synthesis of thick wall coatings of titania supported Bi poisoned Pd catalysts and application in selective hydrogenation of acetylene alcohols in capillary microreactors. Lab Chip 15 (2015) 1952-1960.
- S.Chatterjee, V. Degirmenci, E.V. Rebrov, Design and operation of a radio-frequency heated micro-trickle bed reactor for consecutive catalytic reactions, Chem. Eng. J. 281 (2015) 884–891.
- S.Chatterjee, V. Degirmenci, F. Aiouache, E.V. Rebrov, Design of a radio frequency heated isothermal micro-trickle bed reactor. Chem. Eng. J. 243 (2014) 225-233.
- E.V. Rebrov, J.C. Schouten, M.H.J.M. de Croon, Single-phase fluid flow distribution and heat transfer in microstructured reactors, Chem. Eng. Sci. 66 (2011) 1374-1393.
- E.V. Rebrov, Two phase flow regimes in microchannels, Theor. Found. Chem. Eng., 44 (2010) 355-367.
E.V. Rebrov, I.Z. Ismagilov, R.P. Ekatpure, M.H.J.M. De Croon, J.C. Schouten, Header design for flow equalization in microstructured reactors, AIChE Journal, 53 (2007) 28–38.
Projects and Grants
Invited Lectures (selection)
- E.V. Rebrov, Magnetic framework composites: energy efficient materials for fine chemicals synthesis and fast adsorbent regeneration, 2nd International Conference on Materials Science and Engineering, San Francisco, CA, USA, February 18-20, 2019.
- E.V. Rebrov, Fast temperature modulation of chemical reactors - The way to enhance process selectivity via kinetic resolution, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia, December 7, 2018.
- E.V. Rebrov, Three-in-one functional magnetic catalysts: Fast heating, mixing and separation in gas-liquid reactions, 255th ACS National Meeting, (Keynote lecture), New Orleans, LA, USA, March 19, 2018
- E.V. Rebrov, Unconventional techniques in operation of flow reactors: the key to unlock the low yield environment, UK-Australia workshop Smart Bio refinery, Monash university, Melbourne, Australia November 27, 2016.
- E.V. Rebrov, Unconventional techniques in conventional operation of multiphase microreactors: the key to unlock the low yield environment, (Keynote lecture), 14th Int. Conference on Microreaction Technology (IMRET-14), Beijing, China, September 11-14, 2016.
- E.V. Rebrov, Development of novel core-shell composite magnetic materials for radiofrequency heating. 2nd conference “Research and Development in Chemistry and Technology of Functional Materials” (Plenary lecture), Apatity, Russia, November 25-27, 2015.
- E.V. Rebrov, Reaction intensification by induction heating and ultrasonic cavitation (Keynote lecture), 21st International Conference on Chemical Reactors “Chemreactor-21”, Delft, the Netherlands, September 22-25, 2014.
Stoli Catalysts has created a brand-new catalyst coating technology offering more energy efficient, lower capital investment and higher quality production techniques. The company is already working with a number of well-known companies on a national and international level to both test and prove its technology. Professor Rebrov is a director of the company.